Friday, August 27, 2010

Alabama? Seriously? Huntsville...


That is what I thought when I first heard that we were being stationed at Redstone Arsenal eight years ago. I really didn't know what to think, we had lived all over the country and overseas, but Alabama was never on my wish list.

Immediately we started searching online for information about Redstone and Huntsville homes for sale. At the time there was decent information available, but I was surprised at how hard it was to get a Real Estate agent to respond to our e-mails. I don't think that would be a problem today.

Eventually we did hear back from a Realtor and she sent us a Sunday paper, a phone book and some maps. We in turn sent her lists of houses we found online that we wanted information on and let her know we would be in town to look for houses in a couple of weeks.

At the time I was not in the Real Estate field, but in the website design and internet support industry. I was happy to find out that the Huntsville area was progressive and tech oriented, and most people we had met were warm and welcoming. I didn't feel the same way though about our experience with the Real Estate "professional" we were exposed to.

It all really comes down to service in any successful business, and it was lacking with our Realtor. I think that this experience is what led me into Real Estate, I thought, it can be better than this. Since then, I have met and been mentored by exceptional Realtors who are the epitome of superb service. It also helps now, that more of them are internet client focused and they wouldn't dream of not returning an email from a person relocating to Huntsville.

Fast Forward to today, after the initial haze of finding out we were going to Huntsville, I love it here and can say that "I may not have been born in the south, but I got here as fast as I could!"

If you are moving to Huntsville, what were the first few thoughts that ran through your mind? How has your experience been with Real Estate professionals, or anyone else that you have connected with regarding the move? I would love to hear your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment